Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Fantasy Football: The Truths


As the NFL season kicks off, the first thing that comes to mind is not which team is going to have a better season than the other or how much money I plan on investing. To most guys it comes down to one thing,  Fantasy Football! It's amazing to see how much time we as guys actually spend doing research on players, looking at stats, and reading profession reviews for each candidate. It is all hard work to be able to completely form an unbeatable dream team. Not to mention that if I would dedicate this much time and energy to my actual homework, I'd probably being excelling in every class. Of course though, this is a different situation. 
There are many pros and cons when it comes to Fantasy Football. One of the most important cons would have to be for the ladies. When football season comes around we as guys tend the pay a lot more attention to our football games, rather then traveling around the mall all afternoon. So, heres some money and enjoy your day shopping without us.  3 day’s out of the week we  prefer to stay in our man cave, indoors where there is great tv connection to enjoy our day by watching football and sipping on a nice cold beer. Which leads me right into another major con, the best way to enjoy a football game is a couple bags of chips, a few cases of pop ,and BAM there goes the beginning of your unhealthy eating habit for the season. Sometimes we also tend to build up anger and we may even sometimes yell at the computer screen or at the T.V because our player didn’t score that touchdown, or the opponent player scores that touchdown. But most of the time we feel like we want to rip our hair due to the fact the our team is such a bust!

 
 
 
 
But whether you win or lose, it all just for fun and game, unless you’re playing for a jar of cookies! Now that's a different story.

4 comments:

  1. Yes, Im pretty sure everyone can relate to this in many different ways. But I dont mind going shopping alone with money!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I play every year with 9 guys (I'm the only girl in the league) I LOVE playing. We do a $100 buy in, and $1 every trade, add, or drop we do. So being that I've been the champion before I like to rattle the cages of the boys a lot haha. We talk smack all the time and sometimes it gets kind of serious. If I look back on how much time I've spent on doing research, my line up, and moving players around it would be more than I would like to say. I would probably average 10 hours a week. But in the end it pays off if you make the right moves.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can relate to this very strongly because I swear I spend more time on my fantasy football team than school! Managing a fantasy football team is very stressful, especially if their are a lot of injuries to your players. One of the best parts is talking trash to your friends after you destroy their team. I think fantasy football is a very good way for everyone to get involved in watching football and cheering for different players and teams. Fantasy football is very fun you can accept the fact that it can be very frustrating, but fun at the same time. It is a good way to interact with your friends more as well. Overall, the increase in people playing fantasy football is a positive for pop culture in general.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so true! My boyfriend, brothers and cousins all play this and they get so into this whole fantasy thing that it gets pretty crazy! They're always making bets about their winnings/loses that it gets ridiculous! My cousin is so into this fantasy thing he has a chart the size of a poster of his players and their stats or whatever it is(I'm not a football fan, I'm not too sure what it means but I do know it's something about his fantasy team). I tried to understand this whole thing but I'm not quite there yet. All I know is you draft players that you want and get points for it. I'm not a fan of this fantasy thing, it's annoying having to deal with it because my boyfriend always makes bets and its a 50/50 chance and I hate it when he loses and has to owe people for dumb bets.

    ReplyDelete