Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Decorating your body

Tattoos are very popular among top list celebrities.



The word "Tattoo" comes from the Tahitian term "Tatua" which means "To Mark". Tattooing has been in existence since arguably 20,000 BC. But only in the 1800’s did it make its way into North America by German immigrants. Since then it has evolved into mainstream culture.
In 1950’s and early 60’s tattoos were found to be socially not acceptable. Bikers, gang members, and prisoners were most likely to have them. In the late 1960’s tattooing made a come-back thanks to Lyle Tuttle, a tattoo artist that also knew how to work the media. He started tattooing women celebrities, thus making the media more interested in tattoos and the history of them. Tattoos can be a great way to express oneself in an art formation. There are many different ideas and unique things you can do to make it original. People will choose to get sleeves done which is tattooing your whole arm, quotes, Chinese signs, and skulls are some more popular ones right now.  Some people recently started tattooing their loved ones cremation ashes into their skin. Others will choose to get a portrait tattoo done.
 
Permanent eye makeup is another “type” of tattooing. People can get a lip liner, eye liner and eyebrows tattooed on their face. The result isn’t permanent though, it usually will start to fade in about 5 to 6 months.  And while tattoos have become socially acceptable, you should think carefully before getting one done. The process of a tattoo hurts, but getting it removed hurts a lot more.  

9 comments:

  1. Tattoos are great! They are probably the most effective way of showing the world who you are, and why you're different from anyone and everyone else. You can change your clothes and have different people receive different messages depending on the clothes that you chose to wear that particular day, but you can't simply take off your tattoo. If the message that you want to get across is tattooed onto your skin, every person you encounter will receive that message. As they should! You shed blood, sweat, and tears to get that message onto your skin, so everyone better receive that message.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think having make up or tattos in your body is ok, because some time it make you look more prettier. But this just my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i believe tattoo are a way for an individual to tell a story of their life and interest i myself have several tattoos that all mean something to me and my life, as for the make up tattoo make up can be risky however the end result is amazing for individuals who choose to invest

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like tattoos I have six and every one of them have a very special meaning.I think Tattoos are about self expression and making a statement or a memorial image of a particular time in your life good/bad it does not matter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely love tattoos! I only have three right now but plan on getting more. I love hearing about people's stories behind their tattoos. Many people get tattoos because of an important time in their life that they want to remember and cherish. For example, I have a tattoo on my left wrist that reads "Don't stop believin" in honor of my brother who died. He had a sign language class at St. Thomas and mastered that song in sign language lol...he made a video of himself doing it and we all loved it. So instead of getting his name, I did part of the song. It has a story. TATTOOS ARE BEAUTIFUL!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think tattoos can hold very symbolic and special meanings to each person individually. People get tattoos to represent lost loved ones, time and dates of deaths or births. I believe tattoos are a sign of dedication to whatever they get inked.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love when there are meaningful stories behind the tattoos that people are getting. It gives the definition to the art piece and makes the tattoo an eye opener. I also see that some people just get tattoos because they can and they want, freedom of expression right! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it when people has tattoos that have special meaning,but if they just get them because they have the money and they think they are cool that not really fun and interesting. Yeah, they are cool, but don't hold that meaning that I want my tattoos to hold for myself.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree I think tattoos that have meaning or are symbolic of something is going to be a tattoo that you will not regret. I remember sitting with my sister for 3 hours for a side piece, painful but she agrees it was well worth it and i agree it looks awesome and means a lot to her.

    ReplyDelete