Monday, September 9, 2013

Social Network: From Myspace to Facebook

Social networking has one of two definitions. It is defined as a network of social interactions and personal relationships, and as a website or another sort of utilization committed to help others commute by posting (images, messages, comments, information, etc.). 

Here we have Myspace; Myspace was a big hit when it was first launched in August of 2003. This social network had a stress on music; originally it was created for the use of aspiring musicians and bands. Not only was it designed for that, but it allowed for personal information as well; you could share anything you wanted or desired. Although, not as popular as Facebook is today, it is still a benefit to millions, and most of their users consist of teens and young adults.


As for Facebook, it was founded in the month of February in 2004. It was and still continues to be a substantial website that gradually grows, and seemingly nonstop. The main objective of Facebook was to be a social networking website that allowed the creation of profiles, the uploading of photos and videos, the sending of messages, and the ability to keep in touch with friends, family and colleagues. Along with all of that, it just doesn't stop there, but it also has a variation of accessible language translations. And on top of that, they have incorporated public features (presence technology, pages, events, groups, marketplace).


Both Myspace and Facebook are ranked on the "Most Popular Social Networking Websites." Myspace gets an estimated 70,500,000 views monthly, meanwhile Facebook 750,000,000.

So why is it that Myspace didn't make it as big and well known like Facebook did? Well, the picture to the right explains enough. And right below points out just about everything you need to know.

4 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed your blog, mainly because I wrote a similar one. I wrote a blog comparing Facebook and Twitter. I believe that Facebook is ranked number one currently with Twitter not too far behind it. What is your input on Twitter? Do you think it may be a competition for Facebook? I personally prefer twitter because of its features. I think Facebook is too personal, whereas you can use Twitter for both personal and professional uses. What do you think?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. I'm on facebook too, but only use the site to chat with my family to be updated, since I hate talking on the phone. But I think that alot of people just wants to be friends with you just to be nosy and see where you are at in your life. I do like the event part, it so much easier to envite everyone that you want to invite. It beats buying stamps anyways!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with your blog. I would prefer to use Facebook over Myspace any day. Myspace has changed a lot. Facebook for me is more simple to use than Myspace.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree, I feel like facebook is a better social site, easier to control and also easier to talk to family or friends fare away.

    ReplyDelete