Sunday, September 8, 2013

The Yoga Pants Take Over


Yoga Pants

Everywhere I look I see a pair of PINK yoga pants.
It seems like today in popular culture everyone wears yoga pants. From the middle aged wife (actually going to yoga class) to the caffeine drinking, UGG wearing college student. Yoga pants have become a part of every day fashion.What is the new obsession of yoga pants mania? Who wears them and why? What are we willing to pay to have this must-have item in our closets? I myself have many pairs of the famous yoga pants, from color blocking style to animal prints, to star shapes to even just plain. Each time I walk into a Victoria Secret's shop I always walk out with a pair of $42.00 pair of yoga pants that i don't really need. I wear them to school, out for errands, family gatherings, friends houses, even my job on my days off. I found myself looking into my closet at this very moment and being amazed at the amount of yoga pants I own. Nearly all the bottoms in my closet are either yoga pants or leggings. Have I too fallen victim of pop culture? Am I now just a sheep following the herd? The yoga pants take over is happening and I'm living proof of it.

    Above is a video of a guy explaining where yoga pants orientated from and why everyone loves them all while playing Call of Duty Black Ops 2 ( major points for that)

6 comments:

  1. I agree with you. This is all my girlfriend ever wears plus she has like 20 pair of them. In fact she probably love those yoga pants more than me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I own a closet full it's actually quite ridiculous.

      Delete
  2. I love yoga pants. They are so comfortable and look cute. But not ALL women should be wearing them. Sometimes it's a fashion No-No. But I do love mine and very happy they are in style so I can at least be comfortable while I'm out doing things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree with you. Not everyone can get away with wearing yoga pants, although they try.

      Delete
  3. I can't wait to get home and put on my yoga pants even if I exercise or not. I would wear it to work if they let me. Its so comfy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a pair on right now as I'm reading these comments. Oh the irony.

      Delete